How to Best Prepare for Your Mid-Hudson Cable Service Appointment
In the course of your scheduled service appointment, our technician will fully disconnect your services to effectively diagnose and address any issues. If there is any required work outside your home, the technician will inform you accordingly. After concluding the service visit, the technician will verify the proper functioning of all services.
To ensure that you’re well-prepared on the day of the service visit, review the following appointment checklist:
- Ensure that all gates and fences are unlocked, as the technician may require access to both the inside and outside of your home.
- While our technician is at your location, secure all pets.
- All currently utilized cable outlets must be easily accessible.
- For the protection of your property, move all personal items (TV, furniture, etc.) at least four feet away from the work area before our visit.
- Make sure all equipment (cable boxes, modems, routers, etc.) is easily accessible.
- Point out any personal property that the technician needs to be aware of to prevent unnecessary damage, such as underground obstructions or hazardous conditions in attics, basements, crawl spaces, etc.
- Installation of services may necessitate property modifications. If you’re renting or leasing, confirm with your property owner in advance.
- If you reside in an apartment or condo complex, obtain permission from your property manager to install new outlets before your scheduled installation date.
Our technicians are given a specific time frame for each visit, depending on the requested service. Accommodating additional work requests on the day of your scheduled visit may not be possible. If you have additional tasks, you may need to schedule another appointment.
Day of service information
- Someone over the age of 18 with a valid government-issued ID will need to be present for the appointment.
- Installations typically take one to four hours to complete. Service visits typically take one hour to complete.
- Your first notification will come when you schedule your appointment, followed by appointment reminder notifications. Reminders will be sent via text message or phone call.
Canceling Your Appointment
To cancel an appointment, please call our office at 518-943-6600. We request that if you do need to cancel an appointment, please try to give us 48 hour notice when possible.